Child and adolescent inpatient mental health treatment from Laurel Ridge Treatment Center meets your loved one where they are and gets them the help they need, when they need it. Our facility is located in San Antonio, Texas.
Laurel Ridge Treatment Center provides teen and child inpatient psychiatric care for a variety of adolescent and children’s mental health issues in the San Antonio, Texas, area. Our mental health professionals will take care of your loved ones, with child and adolescent psychiatrists, therapists and more. Our staff is ready to provide behavioral health services and treatment for various mental health conditions.
Visitation is Important to Us, Too
Family involvement is an important aspect of the treatment process. Families are encouraged to visit, call, or Zoom throughout their child’s stay at the hospital. There are two visitors allowed on a unit, per patient, at a time. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed on the unit and a parent or guardian must accompany any children between the ages of 13 and 17 years old when brought onto the unit. Currently, in person visitation for children and adolescents is on Tuesdays from 3:00 – 4:00pm.
Child and Adolescent Units: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Please call the unit to schedule the visiting time.
The patient is allowed one incoming call and one outgoing call during these times. Exceptions to phone times can be discussed with your child’s therapist. Calls are limited to ten minutes and the call will automatically disconnect at this time.
Your Child’s Safety Matters
Unit guidelines and expectations are designed to provide a safe and structured environment for your child in order to allow them to fully engage in the programming offered. These guidelines and expectations are as follows:
- Follow the daily schedule
- Actively participate in the scheduled activities
- Follow the staff instructions
- Complete hygiene every day
- Complete assigned chores
- Keep your unit, room and clothes neat and clean
- Practice safety and respect
- Speak appropriately – use respectful language
- Ask politely for the things needed
- Respect boundaries and keep to your personal space
- Ask to approach the staff and wait at the pole until called to the nursing station
- Stay only in assigned rooms for safety
- Please use only your own personal items and clothing
- Show mutual respect for each other and staff
- Please count in and out of all doors
- Peers should be addressed by first names only
- Please be respectful of Laurel Ridge property
- Ask staff to leave one area of unit for another area
- Use anger management skills
- Problem solve
- Tell the truth
- Wait your turn
- Follow the rules in the cafeteria
To learn more about our programming or to get help through children and adolescent psychiatric programs, please reach out to us today. Laurel Ridge Treatment Center, located in San Antonio, Texas, is here to provide services for children and teens no matter where they are on the journey to recovery.